NodeJS, Python, SAP HANA, Data Cleansing and Dota

It's been a while since i write something. I hate to say it but I'm not that busy. Maybe getting older or maybe too many Dota. ~dota ... its obvious

Well anyway for last 3 years i stuck and still in a SAP HANA Project, with changing task over the years. first one is just making mockup with SAPUI5. With no one in Quality Assurance to check my work. It's just like walk in a park. Next one is to setup application server for SAPUI5. I want to use nodeJS and angular but since the contract says it has to be done in java, i got no other choice. It was hard since the SAP HANA 11 document doesn't say anything on how to deploy java war into SAP HANA onpremise. There are alot of tutorial on how to doit for cloud HANA but there are nothing on how to deploy to HANA onpremise. In the end i just use tomcat server rather than HANA so at least i can show something that java and sapui5 is working.

After few weeks on java and sapui5, the task was change into creating application for Data Cleansing division. I throw SAP HANA development to my junior because there is no one else who want to take the job. So then I began the journey to create app for Data Cleansing Team. The app itself is simple. It just going to update any Flagged/ False data with the new data. the flagged data is not overwritten so we can revert back if anything happen. That's the idea. I've been given freedom to use any tools so i decide that I'm gonna use NodeJS for this app. With DB2 as dbase and with expressJS as framework its not really hard. But with many rules that applied on a field the work become not simple. after few month doing the app, change happen. The client doesn't want to update the Flagged data one by one. but using simple tools or query to update alot of the data with the restriction that been given by the client. In the end the app its self is not going to be used. feeling bit disappointment i move on because of I'm excited to learn spoon from Pentaho as the tools to do cleansing the Data.

spoon is free so it's been nice journey as i learn new thing just because my logic programming not quite click. But team Data Cleansing give a few lesson and hint so it's turn out just fine. However things turn out to be gloomy. after 3 years few of the worker resign and it turn out to be very bad for the project.

In the end I just starting to not care about the project and continuing my NodeJS adventure.

right now I'm learning Ionic Framework that can create app for mobile devices in one go. It seems it was extend from cordova phonegap. And also learning python with Odoo as the subject. so with them I'm starting to learn on using Odoo web service to be used on Mobile App with Ionic Framework.

Odoo web service using xmlrpc...... with i don't know anything about that. It's bit fun searching ways to use Odoo xmlrpc into an app. Trouble with CORS, and finding library to use xmlrpc-response is just few things that i found along the way. I hope i can create and article about it if i have some motivation haha. I didn't do much with python because i have learn it few years back and also made some adjustment for CORS problem, i have to compile Odoo which turn out to be not so simple process. anyway it still is fun.

Dota always be my relief but the game always become toxic after few minutes. but overall its always fun. With 5958 hours and 4395 match  on the game i can't say its just a relief. addicted it is.

that's it for now. I just hope i can write something again next time.

~~I'm still don't know about my future whether i will be in this company or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Python Indonesia

NO JOBS, Oracle Visualization, Explore Odoo, Reading Web Novel